It's fitting that Repeat by Jessie J was playing as I started Day Threes workout, 6 x 400. It wouldn't have been as bad had the track not been closed for "construction". I ended up doing laps around the outside perimeter of the track which probably extended my 400s to 450s or even 500s. I kept my time under the goal regardless, but really felt it after the first 3. The loops quickly became like I was watching the same video on repeat, but every time seemed to be going just a little slower.
Pace training or "speed training" is obviously super important for any competitive athlete in any sport, but I wish I could get the same results from a continuos run. This is where the principles of training are important to know and understand otherwise I'd be way more inclined to just give up.
I'm glad to be back into a routine and happy that I feel obligated to hit the gym as well as continue my runs.

No comments:
Post a Comment