Monday, June 4, 2012

June 4th: Marathon Training Day One

Today's workout was scheduled as a 40 minute Jog.

I have been doing my pre-training along riverside drive west, which isn't the flattest part of Manhattan (nor is it the hilliest, but more rolling hills than flat stretches). So for the first day of training I changed my path and heading closer to the water and was running right alongside the Hudson. The area was much flatter!

My time was either really fast (tends to happen when I have a bad day) or my iPhone app. map-my-run was acting up. It said I had finished 7 miles over the 40 minute period. I'm fast, not that fast, so I'm not sure what to believe or think but I know the timing was right.

It was nice being next to the Hudson again, I always miss the water when I'm away from it. It got me thinking a lot about how I want to make sure I continue to row. After this Marathon I'm gonna make sure I find a way to be back on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment